Located in Portland, Oregon, one of the nation’s most livable cities, Portland Psychotherapy follows an innovative model for combining research and practice in a private fee-for-service setting. A portion of all proceeds generated through provision of clinical services is set aside to fund substantial ongoing research at the center. Our organizational mission is to provide quality, evidence-based psychotherapy and to contribute to the wider community through research and training.
Portland Psychotherapy is also highly committed to inclusivity and diversity. Our center’s organizational structure also allows us to serve clients with and without insurance, as well as those in financial need through sliding scale and low fee services.
Portland Psychotherapy seeks talented individuals who share these values and who enjoy learning and working in an environment of mutual respect and teamwork. We strive to make our workplace a fun, collaborative, and supportive environment. Individuals of diverse backgrounds and who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. Portland Psychotherapy provides reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If this feels like a fit for you, then please consider any job openings listed below.
Current openings at Portland Psychotherapy include:
- Licensed Psychologist, Counselor, or Psychotherapist (psychologist, LCSW, LPC, nurse practitioner)
- Couples Therapist
- Research/Clinical Postdoctoral Fellowship (starting Fall, 2020)
- Research Psychologist focused on shame, compassion, interpersonal effects of emotion, or psychedelics
- Expected to be posted summer 2019: Volunteer to be a research assistant
- Expected to be posted spring 2019: Behavioral Science Research Coordinator